From “Apple Cinnamon Streusel French Toast” to egg-topped burgers, we highlighted nine of the best restaurants to enjoy brunch at in Michigan.
Whether you have dietary needs or restrictions, a sweet and savory tooth, or you’re just looking to get out of the house and enjoy some outdoor dining, we have you covered. With Mother’s Day just around the corner, we narrowed down nine of the best restaurants to enjoy brunch at in the Mitten. As a reminder, most locations take reservations to ensure safety and guarantee a spot.
Cozy Vibes and Fresh Ingredients
- Cafe Santé: From “Eggs Benedict” to “Vienna Pancakes” to “Steak and Frites,” Cafe Santé offers an elegant taste of Europe. And if the weather permits this Mother’s Day, you can enjoy a delightful “European style” brunch outdoors with options of covered or open-air dining.
- Red Spire Brunch House: This charming restaurant in the historic village at Grand Traverse Commons gives Mom and the whole family flavorful classics. If you have a sweet tooth, then you must try their “Apple Cinnamon Streusel French Toast.” To ensure you have a table secured this Mother’s Day, go to their website and make reservations.
- Birch and Maple: A cozy and quaint restaurant with water view tables overlooking the Betsie Bay is perfect to take mom or a special someone this Mother’s Day. From sweet treats for the kids to Bloody Mary’s that could replace your entire meal, this restaurant is perfect for brunch. To ensure safety and guarantee your family a table, head to their website to make a reservation.
The Definition of Delicious
- Terra GR: From egg-topped burgers to delicious omelets, this place doesn’t miss a beat. Terra GR has options for all dietary needs, from dairy-free to vegetarian to vegan—the opportunities are endless. Reservations are recommended but are not necessary. Takeout options are also available.
- Crows Nest: If you’re looking to support local businesses, this restaurant is a must-visit. Its big and delicious portions are reasonably priced and include vegetarian and vegan options.
- Breakfast at Tiffiny’s: “Fun food with a southern flare” is what Breakfast at Tiffiny’s offers. Signs that will remind you of your momma’s old kitchen adorn the restaurant. While you are there, enjoy a MOM-OSA or its new flight of lattes this Mother’s Day. The breakfast spot also offers fresh ingredients for a fair price.
Can’t Beat the Classics
- Dime Store: Many describe the Dime Store to be a rare and creative brunch spot. The menu offers classic dishes, and the atmosphere is captivating. The restaurant is quite cozy, so if you are comfortable, give them a try this Mother’s Day. However, if you aren’t comfortable quite yet, fear not—they still offer carry-out.
- Commonwealth: From vegan “Caramelized Peach Rice Pudding” to “Tinga Chicken Enchiladas,” there are options for everyone at Commonwealth. The restaurant also has a variety of flavorful coffee and tea, including “Toffee, Sweet Bread, Maple Syrup,” “Huehuetenango, Guatemala Decaf,” and “Sweet Matcha Latte.” Gift cards are available if you or your mom aren’t open to indoor dining, so you can try the restaurant at a later date.
- Toast: This restaurant has two locations; choose which is most convenient for you. Its gourmet omelets have endless options, including vegetarian and vegan. If you’re looking to quench your thirst, the “Coffee-N-Donuts” (adult beverage) is a must have. Due to COVID-19, Toast is not currently taking reservations.